One of the questions we get asked a lot here at ActiveCampaign is how to use engagement tracking automation. Engagement tracking is a powerful tool that can help you automatically keep track of who is engaging with your emails, and then take action based on that engagement.
In this post, we’ll show you how to set up an engagement tracking automation, and then give you some ideas on how you can use engagement data to improve your email marketing.
First, let’s take a look at how to set up engagement tracking.
1. Go to the Automations tab, and create a new automation.
2. Give your automation a name, and then choose the “Engagement tracking” trigger.
3. In the “What should we track?” section, choose which email list you want to track engagement for.
4. In the “How long should we wait?” section, choose how long you want to wait before taking action on engagement. For example, you may want to wait a week to see if someone opens your emails regularly before adding them to a more active campaign.
5. In the “What should we do?” section, choose what action you want to take based on engagement. For example, you may want to add someone to a more active campaign if they open your emails regularly.
Now that you know how to set up engagement tracking, let’s take a look at some ways you can use engagement data to improve your email marketing.
1. Use engagement data to segment your list
One of the most powerful ways to use engagement data is to segment your list. Segmentation allows you to send more targeted emails, which can lead to improved engagement and click-through rates.
There are a few different ways you can segment your list based on engagement:
– Opens: You can segment your list based on who opens your emails. For example, you may want to send more targeted emails to people who open your emails regularly.
– Clicks: You can segment your list based on who clicks on your links. For example, you may want to send more targeted emails to people who click on your links regularly.
– Engagement score: You can segment your list based on engagement score. Engagement score is a measure of how engaged someone is with your emails. The more engaged someone is, the higher their score will be.
2. Use engagement data to improve your email content
Another way to use engagement data is to improve your email content. You can use engagement data to see what content is resonating with your audience, and then use that information to improve your email content.
There are a few different ways you can use engagement data to improve your email content:
– Opens: You can use open data to see what topics are resonating with your audience. For example, if you see that a certain type
Other related questions:
How do I use automation in ActiveCampaign?
There are a few ways to use automation in ActiveCampaign. You can use our visual workflow builder to create an automation campaign, or you can use our API to create an automation campaign.
How do I use site tracking ActiveCampaign?
There are two ways to track your site with ActiveCampaign: through our Site Tracking code or through Google Analytics.
To track your site with our Site Tracking code, simply add the code to your site. Once the code is added, our system will automatically track visitor activity and record it in your account.
To track your site with Google Analytics, you will need to add your Google Analytics tracking code to your site and then link your Google Analytics account to your ActiveCampaign account. Once your Google Analytics account is linked, our system will automatically pull in your site’s traffic data.
How do you test automation in an ActiveCampaign?
There is no one definitive answer to this question. Depending on the automation you are looking to test, there are a few different ways you can approach it. One option would be to use a tool like Selenium to simulate user interaction with your automation and then assert that the expected results are achieved. Another option would be to use a tool like Apache JMeter to load test your automation and ensure that it can handle the expected load.
What is event tracking in ActiveCampaign?
Event tracking in ActiveCampaign allows you to track specific events that happen on your website or in your app. This can be helpful in understanding how your users interact with your site or app, and can be used to trigger specific actions in your ActiveCampaign account.