If you’re like most people, you probably use a VPN when you’re working from home or traveling. But did you know that you can also use a VPN to automate your connection to an openVPN server when your data is turned on?
1. Download and install the OpenVPN Connect app from the Google Play Store.
2. Configure your VPN settings in the OpenVPN Connect app.
3. In the OpenVPN Connect app, tap the menu button (three dots in the upper-right corner) and tap ‘Automate connection’.
4. Select ‘When data is turned on’.
5. That’s it! Now, whenever you turn on your data, the OpenVPN Connect app will automatically connect you to your VPN server.
Other related questions:
How do I make OpenVPN connect automatically?
OpenVPN can be configured to connect automatically when your computer starts. To do this, you will need to add a line to your configuration file (
/etc/openvpn/client.conf) that says
auto-connect. For example:
This will cause OpenVPN to automatically connect to the server whenever your computer starts.
Does OpenVPN work with dynamic IP?
Yes, it does work with dynamic IP.
How do I access my OpenVPN server from the internet?
You can access your OpenVPN server from the internet by connecting to the public IP address of your server.
Does OpenVPN tunnel all traffic?
OpenVPN can tunnel all traffic, or it can be configured to only tunnel specific traffic.
- Setting Your Client To Automatically Connect To Your VPN …
- OVPN still uses 4G even when WIFI is connected
- Always connect except on “home” network – OpenVPN Forum
- OpenVPN ignores connected WiFi and uses cellular data
- Automatic connection management / on demand mode
- OpenVPN on Android with automate – OpenVPN Support Forum
- Troubleshooting Client VPN Tunnel Connectivity – OpenVPN