Creating an automation test from QC/ALM is a simple process that can be completed in a few steps. First, create a new test in QC/ALM and add the necessary test steps. Next, record the test steps using the built-in recorder. Finally, playback the recorded test to verify that it works as expected.
Other related questions:
How do I create an automation test?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to create an automation test depends on the specific application under test and the testing goals. However, some tips on how to create an effective automation test include:
1. Identify the key functionality of the application that needs to be tested and design test cases around these key areas.
2. Make use of any existing test automation frameworks or libraries that can be used to simplify the automation process.
3. Use data-driven testing techniques wherever possible to maximize the reusability of test scripts.
4. Create detailed documentation for the automation test scripts so that they can be easily understood and maintained by others.
What is ALM in automation testing?
ALM stands for application lifecycle management. It is a process that includes the management of an application from its initial planning stages all the way through to its eventual retirement. This process includes activities such as requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
How convert manual test cases to automation in ALM?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on a number of factors, such as the type of test cases, the level of complexity, the toolset being used, etc. However, in general, the process of converting manual test cases to automation generally involves the following steps:
1. Select the test cases that are suitable for automation. This selection process should take into account factors such as the complexity of the test case, the frequency with which it is executed, the potential benefits of automation, etc.
2. Analyze the selected test cases in order to identify the key components that need to be automated.
3. Design the automation solution, keeping in mind the identified key components.
4. Implement the automation solution.
5. Validate the automation solution to ensure that it works as expected.
How do you automate test cases in HP ALM?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to automate test cases in HP ALM will vary depending on the specific needs of your organization. However, some tips on how to automate test cases in HP ALM include using the tool’s built-in automation features, integrating with other automation tools, and using custom scripts.