If you’re like most people, you probably have a home automation system in place to help manage your life. But what happens when that system goes on the fritz? One of the most frustrating things can be trying to figure out how to wipe your automation PC clean and start over.
Luckily, we’re here to help. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps of how to wipe your Savant home automation PC so you can start fresh.
1. Back up your data.
This is probably the most important step in the process. Before you do anything, you’ll want to make sure you have a backup of all your data. That way, if anything goes wrong during the wiping process, you’ll still have a copy of everything.
There are a few different ways you can back up your data. One is to use an external hard drive. Just copy all of the files from your Savant PC to the hard drive.
Another option is to use a cloud-based backup service. This is probably the easiest way to go, as you can just set it up and forget about it. Whichever method you choose, just make sure you have a backup before you proceed.
2. format your drive.
Once you have a backup, the next step is to format your drive. This will erase everything on the drive, so make sure you have that backup!
To format your drive, open the Disk Management tool on your Windows PC. Right-click on the drive that contains your Savant PC and select “Format.”
Choose the “Quick Format” option and click “OK.” This will format the drive and erase everything on it.
3. Reinstall the operating system.
Now that your drive is wiped clean, you’ll need to reinstall the operating system. If you’re not sure how to do this, Savant has a handy guide on their website.
Just follow the instructions and you’ll be up and running in no time.
4. Restore your data.
Once you have your operating system reinstalled, the final step is to restore your data. If you backed up to an external hard drive, just copy the files back over to your Savant PC.
If you’re using a cloud-based backup service, you’ll need to download the files to your PC. Once they’re downloaded, you can just copy them back to your Savant PC.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully wiped your Savant home automation PC and restored your data.
Other related questions:
How do you reset a Savant system?
There is no “reset” button on a Savant system. However, if you are having trouble with your system, you may want to try the following:
– Check all of the connections to make sure they are secure.
– Power cycle the system by turning it off and then back on again.
– If you are still having trouble, you may need to contact Savant customer support for assistance.
Why is my Savant system not working?
There are a few reasons why your Savant system might not be working. First, check to make sure that all of your components are properly plugged in and turned on. Next, check your network connection to make sure that your system is properly connected to the internet. Finally, check the Savant app to make sure that it is up to date and that you are logged in with the correct account. If you are still having trouble, please contact Savant customer support for further assistance.
How do I reset my savant remote?
If you need to reset your Savant remote, you can do so by holding down the “Menu” and “Home” buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds.
How do I connect my savant to a new WiFi?
If you need to connect your savant to a new WiFi, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the savant app and go to the settings tab
2. Select the “Network” option
3. Select the “WiFi” option
4. Select the network you want to connect to and enter the password
5. Once you are connected, you can go back to the main tab and start using your savant
- How do I reset Savant products? – Knowledge
- Savant® Pro App™ User Guide – AWS
- Savant SmartLighting Deployment Guide – AWS
- Resetting Savant Products – Savant REMOTE User Manual
- How To Update Your Savant Smart Home Software – Nstec.com
- Bought home with Savant System – Now living a nightmare
- Savant Home Automation Users – Facebook