If you’re looking to get into writing automation for Pro Tools using EU Control, then this guide is for you. In it, we’ll go over everything you need to know in order to get started, including how to set up your system and some tips and tricks for writing automation that sounds great.
First things first, let’s talk about what you need in order to get started. If you want to use EU Control to automate Pro Tools, you’ll need the EU Control software, an EU Control-compatible interface, and of course, Pro Tools. The EU Control software is a plugin that allows you to control Pro Tools with a number of different controllers, including the EUCON protocol-compatible controllers from Avid, Mackie, and Euphonix.
Once you have all of that set up, you’re ready to start writing automation. The first thing you’ll need to do is create a track in Pro Tools that you want to automate. Once you have your track created, open up the EU Control plugin and click on the “Enable Automation” button. This will allow you to start writing automation for the track.
To write automation, simply move the faders or knobs on your controller that you want to automate. As you move the faders or knobs, you’ll see the automation being written in the Pro Tools track. You can edit the automation by clicking on the “Edit” button in the EU Control plugin. This will open up a window where you can edit the automation points.
Once you’re done writing automation, you can playback the track to hear the automation being played back. If you’re not happy with the way the automation sounds, you can always go back and edit the automation points.
That’s all there is to it! By following these simple steps, you can start writing automation for Pro Tools using EU Control.
Other related questions:
How do I get Avid control to work?
There are a few things that you need to do in order to get Avid Control to work:
1. Make sure that the Avid Control app is installed on your device.
2. Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.
3. Launch the Avid Control app on your device.
4. In the Avid Control app, tap the Settings icon (the gear icon).
5. In the Settings menu, tap Connection.
6. In the Connection menu, tap the name of your computer.
7. In the Avid Control app, tap the Connect button.
8. In the Avid Control app, tap the Remote button.
9. In the Remote menu, tap the name of your project.
10. In the Remote menu, tap the Play button.
What is eucon in Pro Tools?
Eucon is a proprietary control protocol developed by Avid for use with their Pro Tools digital audio workstation software. It allows for tight integration between hardware control surfaces and the software, allowing for more efficient workflow and faster editing capabilities.
How do I set up EuControl in Pro Tools?
To set up EuControl in Pro Tools, please follow these steps:
1. Launch Pro Tools.
2. Go to the “Setup” menu and choose “EuControl Setup…”
3. In the “EuControl Setup” window, click on the “Enable EuControl” checkbox.
4. Close the “EuControl Setup” window.
5. Launch the EuControl software.
6. In the EuControl software, click on the “Setup” button.
7. In the “Setup” window, click on the “Pro Tools” tab.
8. In the “Pro Tools” tab, click on the “Enable Pro Tools Integration” checkbox.
9. Close the “Setup” window.
10. Your EuControl software should now be controlling Pro Tools.
How do I use Avid control app?
You can use the Avid Control app to remotely control your Avid Media Composer software from your iOS device.