The academic term is coming to an end and everyone is scrambling to add/drop courses to their schedule. This can be a very stressful time, especially if you’re trying to get into a course that’s in high demand.
There’s a way to automate the process of adding a course to your schedule, so you don’t have to constantly check the website to see if it’s available.
1) Find the course you want to add to your schedule on the university website.
2) Right click on the page and select ‘Inspect Element’. This will open up the page’s HTML code.
3) Find the section of code that corresponds to the course you want to add. It will look something like this:
4) Copy the code and paste it into a text editor.
5) Save the file as ‘addcourse.js’ and make sure it’s saved in the same directory as your web browser’s bookmark file.
6) In your web browser, open up the bookmark file (usually located in the ‘Bookmarks’ or ‘Favorites’ menu).
7) drag the ‘addcourse.js’ file into the bookmark file.
8) Now, whenever you want to add a course to your schedule, just go to the university website and click on the ‘addcourse.js’ bookmark. The course will be added to your schedule automatically!
Other related questions:
How do you write an automation script?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to write an automation script will vary depending on the specific tasks that need to be automated and the software being used. However, some tips on writing automation scripts include clearly defining the tasks to be automated, designing the script to be as user-friendly as possible, and testing the script thoroughly before using it.
What can scripts automate?
Scripts can automate just about anything that can be done on a computer, from opening and closing programs to moving and copying files. They can also be used to automate tasks on a website, such as filling out forms or adding items to a shopping cart.
How do you write an automation script in Python?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the approach you take will depend on the specific automation task you are trying to accomplish. However, some tips on writing automation scripts in Python include using the Python standard library’s ‘subprocess’ module to launch and control other processes, and using the ‘shutil’ module to perform common file system operations.
What is automatic scripting?
Automatic scripting is a feature in some software applications that enables the user to create a script, or set of instructions, to automate a task or series of tasks.