There are a few ways to suspend automation in Pro Tools. One way is to use the track freeze function. This will render the track as an audio file, meaning that any automation on the track will be frozen as well. Another way is to use the save track command, which will save the current state of the track, including any automation, as a new track. Finally, you can use the mute track command, which will mute the track and stop any automation from playing back.
Other related questions:
How do I turn off automation lanes in Pro Tools?
In Pro Tools, you can disable automation lanes by doing the following:
1. Select the track that you want to disable automation lanes for.
2. In the Track View, click the ” Automation” button.
3. In the Automation window that appears, click the “Options” button.
4. In the Options window, uncheck the “Enable Automation Lanes” option.
5. Click “OK” to close the Options window.
6. Click “OK” to close the Automation window.
What are the automation modes in Pro Tools?
Pro Tools offers three main automation modes:
Read: In this mode, Pro Tools will playback any existing automation data that has been written.
Write: In this mode, Pro Tools will record any changes made to the parameters being automated.
Off: In this mode, Pro Tools will neither playback nor record any automation data.
Can you automate mute in Pro Tools?
Yes, you can automate mute in Pro Tools.